Chambers of Commerce and Industry and Associations
In Flensburg, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry IHK Flensburg, the Chamber of Crafts and the District Craft Trades Association for City and County offer to represent you in your business interests and full self-management, and also supply various other free services.
Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK)
The IHK is a professional corporation of public law and consists of the businesses in our region.
All traders and businesses with the exception of pure crafts businesses (see below), agricultural farms and freelancers (that are not registered in the commercial register) are part of the IHK by law.
- Location policy
- Start-ups and business support (Start-up advice, successor advice, organization of start-up days, maintenance of start-up and company databases)
- Job Training and Continuing Vocational Training
- Innovation and the Environment (Advice on innovation and funding, maintenance of technology and recycling portals and data bases)
- International - (Providing Certificates of Origin and Carnets, organizing Country Days, training programmes on foreign trade, delegation trips as well as trade fair participation abroad, finding business partners)
- Law and Taxation (Legal advice, pursuit of infringements of competition, appointment of experts, keeping a debtors' list)
- Staff Division
Chamber of Crafts Flensburg
As a corporation of public law, the Flensburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry offers "full service from a single source" to its 10,655 businesses with more than 60,000 employees and workers and almost 6,500 apprentices and trainees: representation of their interests, full self-management and various free services.
Main Focus of Tasks
- Registration of businesses in the Register of Craftsmen,
- Registration of apprentice contracts in the Apprentices' Register,
- Organization of vocational training and inter-company training.
In addition to that, the Chamber is responsible for various examinations from continuing vocational education to master's certificates. Its tasks also include expert disposition or statements concerning urban development planning.
District Craft Trades Association for City and County (KHFL)
The KHFL is a corporation of public law and represents the joint interests of independent crafts businesses as well as the common issues of the crafts guilds for the District Flensburg City and County (County Flensburg-Schleswig). It supports organizations that promote and represent the interests of the guild members in the fields of business, economy and social concerns, and supplies suggestions, information and certificates to authorities in all areas concerning independent crafts businesses. The KHFL is a strong association of 11 guilds and about 700 member businesses and thus constitutes tangible advantages for crafts businesses.